More than 80% of freight and most of the travelling public utilize the interstate and local roadway networks across Florida. The maintenance and beautification of the transportation network also plays a critical role in the success of the tourism industry, one of the state’s top revenue generators. Currently, the Department of Transportation spends nearly $30 per lane mile on its roads and bridges, the third highest in the nation behind New York and New Jersey. With an approved five-year work program budget of more than $51 billion plus more funding expected to come from the ARPA and IIJA federal aid bills, the amount of funding per lane mile across the state is sure to increase.
CMA has developed designs for hundreds of miles of roadways, trails, and parks across the state in our 60-year history. We provide comprehensive design services for all types of roadway and highway projects big and small. We also recognize that each client and the community that they serve is unique. The CMA team work closely with each client to deliver a tailored set of services focused on the needs for each project while considering the latest trends and technology to maximize the impact for the greater good of the public and community.
Our Highway and Road design services include:
- Major and minor roadway design
- Limited access roadway design
- Urban intersection and complete street designs
- Pedestrian& bicycle accommodations and safety enhancements
- Maintenance of traffic
- Signing and pavement marking
- Signalization design
- Roadway and aesthetic lighting analysis and design
- Stormwater design and permitting
- Environmental planning and permitting
- Landscape architecture and irrigation design
- Utility coordination and design